1980 MGB GT Limited sports car - sold
READY TO DRIVE
For sale at our sports car workshop in Sydney is an extremely rare, 1 of just 1,000 ever built, 1980 MGB GT Limited Edition in grey. The GT LE series of sports cars were the very last MGB’s off the production line which was an end of an era for this car manufacturer.
Arguably the best of the ‘rubber nose’ MGB’s, this car has been owned by a very fussy classic car mechanic for the last few years and has been very well looked after. What makes this classic sports car so unique is that it has no rust or oil leaks which is unusual for an MGB.
This vehicle is currently on historic rego plates but can be fully registered with no work required. The car drives beautifully and would suit a classic sports car enthusiast who wants to buy another vehicle to add to their collection or someone who wants an economical daily driver with a dash of class, manual transmission and sporty British classic car character.
If you have read this far then you are probably imagining how great it would be to own a car like this with summer just around the corner. Imagine a Sunday morning drive up to Palm Beach, a spot of breakfast and a stroll across the sand. This is the type of sports car that is unique, but doesn’t scream out for attention so you can enjoy the engaging drive of a manual vehicle, that typical classic car interior smell and those traditional petrol powered sounds.
Buying this classic sports car gives you a ticket to reliving the fun and enjoyment of owning a sports car where everything is tactile, engaging and you get to drive the car, not a bunch of fancy electronics.
Best of all, our team of British sports car mechanics can keep it in top shape so you can enjoy years or worry free ownership.
Make & model: MGB GT LIMITED EDITION
Engine: 1.8 litre 4 cylinder
Need reasons to buy a classic car like this?
- No work needs to be done to this vehicle, you can drive it away and use it immediately.
- We can provide regular servicing, maintenance or repairs in our workshop in Brookvale.
- You can join the MG car club and go on group events, drives and social gatherings.
- The longer you wait the less chance there is of buying a petrol powered classic sports car in Australia.
- It has back seats or they fold down for more boot space.
- It is the perfect weekend car to take your partner away for a romantic lunch or Sunday drive.
- Limited edition model that will help retain resale value.
- No oil leaks or rust that we can see.
- Classic British sports car motoring in a model that is reliable if properly cared for.
- It is relatively inexpensive to repair.
- Incredibly usable for a classic sports car, especially in modern day traffic.
- The MGB built from 1962 until 1980 is the most popular British sports car ever to have been made.
- It is the last of the classic British sports you can buy that is engaging, fun to own and to drive.
- It has that classic car smell as soon as you open the door.
- It has a traditional manual gearbox, like proper sports cars should.
- An immobiliser, car alarm for GPS vehicle tracker can be fitted
- You could upgrade or modify this British sports car to be used at track days
Enquire about this vehicle