1969 Tartan Red MG B GT SOLD
1.8 ltr 4 cyl
Track or TARGA
READY TO ENJOY
If you are in the market to buy a classic sports car then put this MG B GT on your list. We are selling this classic British sports car that has so many new items added, upgraded or repaired that we needed to make our website page longer just to fit them all.
If you can’t be bothered trying to restore an old sports car then this vehicle gives you the perfect base to start from. Most of the hard work has been done & by a passionate owner who has carefully planned each step. You can see from the list of upgrades each aspect has been taken care of.
What this means is if this is your very first classic sports car then there is less chance of experiencing any issues with it. You’ll enjoy a weekend drive or could even use it as a daily vehicle quite easily. Peace of mind as well because Peninsula Sports Cars can provide servicing, upgrades or even further modifications to this MG sports car if you’d like.
The only things that someone may consider finishing off are the engine bay and fitting the rear seat. It would complete all the other great restoration work that has been done inside and out and help to present this vehicle in all it’s British sports car glory.
As you can see from the photos it presents really well. How many owners get under their car to show it off proudly right? The vehicle is in our workshop and inspections are welcome, we can even throw it up on a hoist if you’d like to get a closer work of the underside.
It represents pretty good value when you consider there are so few for sale right now in Australia, either they haven’t been restored or they are heavily modified.
Model – MG B GT
Vintage – 1969
Engine – 1.8 ltr, 4 cyl
Why you’ll love it;
- This classic MG sports car has had substantial work done and money well spent by a passionate owner
- Recently resprayed in Rover RD9 (Tartan Red, which we know goes faster).
- Body rust has been removed from tailgate, doors, rear quarter window & drip rails.
- Rear fender beading on both sides has been removed, closed and smoothed out.
- Driver side dog leg replaced & both external body sills have been repaired and sill gaps closed for a smoother look.
- Upgraded offset front shock assembly with new KYB shocks
All the new items on the vehicle;
- New body seals all round (doors, windows, lights)
- New British heritage hood
- New British heritage front right fender
- New classic cobra cub seats and adjustable mounts
- New moss deluxe moulded carpet (autumn leaf) & sound deadening
- New interior door cards all round in front, rear & foot well. (autumn leaf & chrome)
- New interior C pillar panel (black)
- New matching door caps front and rear (autumn leaf)
- New Lucas quick release & adjust headlight bowls & spotlights
- 2x brand new batteries (6v)
- New body chrome mouldings
- New locks & keys
- New series 1 grill
- New chrome front bumper
- New British heritage series 1 valance (no vents) in tartan red
- New front indicators and seals
- New outer door/window seal and brushes
- New rear taillight assembly and seals (euro)
- New reverse light lenses
- New lucas style 4″ round mirrors and seals
- New MG threshold plates
- New chrome air intake
- New magnetic MG cowl cover
- New MG radio blank
- New overdrive tailshaft
- New diff straps
- New steering rack
- New heavy duty tie rod ends
- New rear suspension links
- New upgraded 3/4″ sway bar & super-pro bushes
- New Full “cherry bomb” exhaust system
- New twin ram-flo filter assembly
If you want a weekend toy the MG B GT is the ideal sports car with that mix of classic looks, visceral driving experience & even though it is from 1969 it will turn heads with its fresh paint. The world is going electric so won’t be too long before petrol powered driving enjoyment will be a thing of the past.
Enquire about this vehicle