1963 Jaguar MKII SOLD
READY TO DRIVE
This is your opportunity to own a piece of motoring history. This is an Australian delivered Jaguar MKII for sale that has all the original log books, owner’s manual, Jaguar Heritage certificate etc. It is an absolute credit to the owner as it includes a thoroughly maintained long, long list of maintenance records including recent refurb of the entire fuel system from tank to carbies.
This classic Jaguar starts first time and runs beautifully with the engine fully rebuilt only 3000 miles ago. Power steering, air conditioning and alarm make it a car you can drive every day, anywhere.
The current owner has looked after it very well, and you can see by the gallery of photos, it is immaculate in every detail. If you didn’t know much about this model, the Jaguar Mark II is a mid-sized luxury sports saloon built from late 1959 to 1967 by Jaguar in Coventry, England. For the time, the Mark 2 was a fast and capable saloon in line with Sir William Lyons’ 1950s advertising slogan “Grace . . . Space . . . Pace” It came with a choice of three versions of the advanced Jaguar XK6 I6 engine, the 2.4, 3.4, and 3.8 litre. Production of the 3.8 ended in the (northern) autumn of 1967, with discounted sale of the 3.4 continuing on as the 340 until September 1968, and the 2.4 as the 240 until April 1969.
There was no direct successor to the Mark 2 series. The 3.8 litre Jaguar S-type, an upscaled and refined version of the Mark 2, had already appeared in 1963, well before the first of the Mark 2 models was discontinued. The Jaguar 420, a more powerful and refined version of the S-Type, appeared in 1966. Both of those models remained in production until late 1968, when the Jaguar XJ6 appeared, ostensibly replacing and placed rather midway between them and the larger, more expensive Jaguar Mark X produced since 1961.
Make & model: Jaguar
Engine: 3,8 litre engine
Condition: Ready to drive.
Need reasons to buy a modified classic sports car like this?
- No work needs to be done to this vehicle, you can drive it away and use it immediately.
- We can provide regular servicing, maintenance or repairs in our workshop in Brookvale.
- You can join the local Jaguar car club and go on group events, drives and social gatherings.
- The longer you wait the less chance there is of buying a petrol powered classic sports car in Australia.
- It is the perfect weekend car to take your partner away for a romantic lunch or Sunday drive.
- Classic British sports car motoring in a model that is reliable if properly cared for.
Enquire about this vehicle